Difference between revisions of "Add Frames"
m (1 revision imported)
Latest revision as of 12:40, 23 December 2015
The icon used to Add frames is not working when it is colored in grey. If we pose the mouse over this icon, the program will let us know which one is the reason why it is disabled: permits or a lack of information in Columns which is essential to perform that action.
When we add a new frame, only the information fields loaded at that moment in Columns will be saved, so we have to make sure that all fields are loaded in Columns when we are creating the frame. It is essential to specify the PRIVACY of the frames. Even if those frames are going to belong to a private block, they will be public by themselves if we don’t specify that they are private in their features settings, so, being public, everybody on the system will be able to see them. Once the button to add frames is enable (it will appear colored in blue) and we have found the location of the frame, we select that button and the pointer of the mouse will become a cross to accurate the location of the frame on the map. If we click on the mapping point where we want to locate the frame, it will appear the information sheet to fill all the necessary fields. Geographical information is determined by default due to the location of the frame on the map. The rest of information will have to be edited by the user. Fields that need to be filled by the user are the following:
1. Size of the frame expressed in Width x Height in cm.
2. Address assigned by default based on the location on the map. Address is editable to modify or add any relevant information related to it.
3. Model is a free field used by the user to add any information of the frame that could be important and it is not specified in the rest of the fields.
4. Orientation allows to indicate the address where the frame is looking at. Orientation is established in grades through the slide that when is moved makes an indication arrow to spin up looking at the direction of the frame, making the process easier for the user.
5. Position is a free field used by the user to add any information of the frame that could be important and it is not specified in the rest of the fields.
6. Private allows to select the privacy of the frame. Private frames will be only visible for the users of the same company. In case you do not indicate the privacy of the frame, the frames will be public for all the users of any company.
7. Sale Code is the code used by the user to identify the frame on the system. It is advisable to use codes that are recognizable by the creator user and to have a record of them.
8. Panel Type to choose from a drop-down list.
Once all the features of the frames are defined and the information sheet is completed, we end the process by selecting the button Add.